Friday, September 25, 2009

Unknown visitors in the Eid!!!

No longer had I seen one batch of visitors off, than a car stood in front of my house, and 2 couples were heading towards my door. They couldn’t see me standing behind the window, trying to figure out who are these people.

The bell rang and I politely headed towards the door and let them in with a big smile. The taller woman was carrying a big bag and she placed it on the table proudly. I was still wondering who those people are, I haven’t seen them before. They seated themselves comfortably and one of the men was about to light his cigarette when he looked at me suspiciously and asked: this is the house of Um Mohammad isn’t it???

I smiled with relief and said: I am afraid no it’s the house of Um Iyad.

They all stood up at the same time and the man put the cigarette back in its bag and said: in a very embarrassing tone we are so sorry, but you will have to keep the present.

I said No No held the present in my hand to give it to him, while suddenly the tall woman snatched it from my hand and went out of the door as fast as she could.

I laughed as they left, but was wondering what was in the bag that the man wanted me to keep, while the woman thought I shouldn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment